Online M.S. Degree Program
The University of Florida Department of Microbiology and Cell Science now offers a 100% online Master of Science degree in Microbiology and Cell Science with a concentration in Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry. Students should visit the Online M.S. Degree Program website for more information and instructions on how to apply.
The admissions requirements for the Online M.S. Degree program are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree (in the sciences)
- Overall GPA, and 3.0 Upper Division GPA (Rules on calculating GPA)
- Preferred undergraduate courses for applicants:
- Organic Chemistry
- General GRE Test with a minimum score of 300 – If you have earned a graduate or professional degree from an accredited university in the U.S., you are exempt from this requirement and do not need to submit GRE scores
- Students without a preferred science background are welcome to apply and will be reviewed on a case by case basis for admission. Relevant professional experience may substitute for academic coursework.
Additional resources for international applicants or non-degree applicants can be found on the Online M.S. Degree Program website.