- Under development
- Dr. rer. nat. (equivalent to Ph. D.), Biology. University of Konstanz, Germany, 2004
- Dipl. Biol. (equivalent to M.S.), Biology. University of Konstanz, Germany, 2001
Description of Research
My lab is focusing on analyzing and understanding the structure and function of aquatic microbial communities. In particular, I am interested in how microbial communities and key species respond to changing environmental conditions. In order to address these questions, the lab uses a wide array of tool in microbial ecology, including: novel cultivation techniques, cultivation-independent approaches, genomics and transcriptomics of pure cultures, meta-omics, microscopy, and microsensors.
- Microdiversity and ecology of one of the most abundant groups of marine bacteria (SAR11, Pelagibacter)
- Giant bacteria (Epulopiscium spp.) and gut microbiology of surgeonfishes
- Response of microbial communities to increasing salt concentrations caused by sea level rise in South Florida.
Rm. # 100M
3205 College Ave
Davie, FL 33314