Eric W. Triplett
Professor and Chair
- MCB 4320C - The Microbiome (undergraduate level) - spring
- MCB 6670C - The Microbiome (graduate level) - spring
- MCB 7922 - Journal Colloquy (graduate level) - fall and spring
- B.S. (1976) Rutgers University, Cook College, New Brunswick, NJ
- M.S. (1978) University of Maryland, College Park
- Ph.D. (1981) University of Missouri, Columbia
- Postdoctoral (1981-1982) University of Wisconsin-Madison
Description of Research
The overall goal of the Triplett lab is to determine the drivers of microbial diversity in a wide range of environments.
Current interests include: 1) the role of bacteria in the onset of autoimmune diseases; 2) bacteria as players in premature birth; 3) distribution of diazotrophs in natural ecosystems; 4) understanding the physiology of Liberibacter for the control of citrus greening disease; and 5) antimicrobial resistance in agroecosystems.
Rm. # 1248
Microbiology Building 981